blog template

January 28, 2016

Dance Like No One Is Watching

Hello, Everyone!  It is my turn to provide some inspiration on the MoonFlower Digital Stamps blog.  I tried my hand at a little mixed media this week.  Still trying to decide how I feel about it.  Mixed media just doesn't flow for me like other forms of crafting.


I used Gigi Bellydancer to create this mixed media piece.  I put down a coat of acrylic paint to lessen the texture of the canvas.  On top of that, I put a layer of watercolor paint in a blue green color.  I had to mix the color myself, and it took me a while to get it right!  Once the paint was dry, I used texture paste and a stencil to create my background texture.  I also embossed a piece of chipboard with a music note embossing folder.  I was just going to put chunks of it on, but I didn't like the edges, so I cut out selected notes instead.

Once the paste was dry, I sprayed the whole piece with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  It adds color and some wonderful shimmer.  Then I used some Viva Decor metallic paint and a flat brush and just hit the highlights of the stenciling and the notes.  The sentiment was computer generated and cut to fit the piece.

Gigi Bellydancer was colored with Copics and cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.  She has a little Wink of Stella in gold so she has some shimmer as well.  A few flowers and buttons finish the piece.

If you haven't signed up for the MoonFlower newsletter, I encourage you to do so.  You get a fabulous freebie every month.  This month Andreia has given us an adorable little fairy.


All you have to do is pop over to the website and sign up for the newsletter.  Once you confirm your subscription, you will be able to download this little fairy.  Each month after, you will get the fabulous freebie right in your inbox!  

Once you have that freebie, pop over to the Facebook group and check out our challenge.  You could win MoonFlower images just for coloring your freebie and popping it into the challenge.  I hope to see you there.

Little Miss Muffet has an anything goes challenge.  Gigi is going to dance her way over to that challenge.

Canvas measures 5" x 7"
Art-C Molding Paste
American Crafts Elements Pearl Buttons - I Do Assortment
My Mind's Eye Kate & Co button (square)
Stampin' Up! Basic Gold Metal Button
Tim Holtz Layer Stencil - Flourish
The Paper Studio Music Notes embossing folder
Recollections flowers (purple)
Recollections pearls
flower from my stash



No comments: